Yesterday, I spent the morning with the women of Spring Valley at Trinity Presbyterian Church. We focused on Jesus and His first sign in John 2 as He turned the water into wine.
Isn’t it amazing that no matter how many times we read the same stories in the Bible, they speak differently each time we seek God through them? Yesterday, the message was about Jesus being:
- invited to the wedding,
- included in the immediate problem at the wedding and Jesus
- intervened in a specific, tradition-breaking miracle.
His mother Mary was also highlighted:
- She was with Jesus when she carried Him in her stomach for 9 months.
- She was with Jesus when she carried Him in her arms and loved Him as He grew.
- She was with Jesus at this first public sign in turning the water into wine when He said to her, “My hour has not come.”
- She was with Jesus at the foot of the cross when He told His disciples, “My hour has now come.”
Then at Resurrection Sunday, she was with the other women at the empty tomb and she was with the disciples when He appeared in the upper room. At Pentecost, she received the anointing as the Gospel message would start right there and then continue to the ends of the earth.
- Jesus is God with us as He has given all believers access to the Father
- Jesus is God with Us, Emmanuel
- Jesus is God with us as He will never leave us nor forsake us.
- Jesus is God with us as His answers are a prayer away.
- Jesus is God with us as His Words abide in our hearts and
- Jesus is God with us as His power has anointed us to share salvation and to serve others.
- Jesus is God with us as He resides in our hearts.
I am so thankful that Mary was willing to be such a servant, to be used so greatly by God.
Let’s pray that this year we may trust the Lord more than we did last year.
Let’s pray that this year becomes a time of not looking for the dates or hours of when our needs will be met or our prayers will be answered but that we continually seek the face of the Lord.
Let’s pray that we might be found faithful in the small things of life so that we may be granted to do big things for God.
If you would like to join us in Spring Valley, we will be starting Practicing the Presence of God 5 week study on Thursday, January 30 at 10am.
The Carlsbad (North County) Bible Study will be starting this Monday, January 13 at 7pm.
These studies are designed to bring encouragement and comfort for you as we come together in love and unity.
For more information, please call 800.992.0369 or sign up through DailyDisciples.org